Many people don’t realise you can be fined $20,000 (as an individual) & $100,000 (as a business) for not consulting with workers, contractors, etc regarding WHS. In this article we cover simple tips to help make sure you meet your WHS obligations & avoid you paying penalties.
WHS Consultation Requirements – Essential ideas to meet your WHS consultation requirements.
Are you consulting with workers, contractors, labour hire, service providers , principle contractors and other businesses or stakeholders, on a regular basis to meet your WHS Obligations The maximum penalty for not meeting the requirements for consulting are $20,000 for individuals and $100,000 in the case of body corporate.
More specifically, do you consult on:
- policies, processes and procedure development and review
- the identification and assessment of WHS hazards and risks, processes for implementing corrective actions
- decisions and evaluation of risk control mechanisms
- performance of workplace inspections
- making decisions about the adequacy of facilities for the welfare of workers
- data on incidents, illnesses or injuries (in a way that protects the confidentiality of personal information)
- training needs
- proposing changes to the workplace
- assessment of risks prior to the introduction of new equipment, substances, processes, projects or design
ABILITY GROUP can support you with any WHS requirements and assist in guiding your business through developing the right consultation mechanism, please contact us for more information.
For further information refer to SafeWork or contact our WHS specialist to assist.